ENiGMA½ is a modern BBS software with a nostalgic flair!
- Multi platform: Anywhere Node.js runs, ENiGMA½ works – Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OS X and Windows
- Message networks with FidoNet Type Network (FTN) + BinkleyTerm Style Outbound (BSO) message import/export
- Gazelle inspired File Bases including indexed full text search (FTS), hashtags, and HTTP(S) temporary download URLs using a built in web server. Legacy X/Y/Z modem also supported!
- Door support including common dropfile formats for legacy DOS doors. Built in BBSLink, DoorParty, Exodus and CombatNet support!
- Unlimited multi node support (for all those BBS “callers”!)
- MCI support for lightbars, toggles, input areas, and so on plus many other other bells and whistles.
- Telnet, SSH, and both secure and non-secure WebSocket access built in! Additional servers are easy to implement!
- CP437 and UTF-8 output.
- SyncTerm style font and baud emulation support. Display PC/DOS and Amiga style artwork as it’s intended! In general, ANSI-BBS / cterm.txt / bansi.txt are followed for expected BBS behavior.
- Full SAUCE support
- Renegade style pipe color codes
- SQLite storage of users, message areas, and so on
- Strong PBKDF2 backed password encryption
- Bunyan logging
- Upload processor supporting FILE_ID.DIZ and NFO extraction, year estimation, and more!
- ANSI support in the Full Screen Editor (FSE), file descriptions, and so on.
Here are a few screenshots of customized boards and their connection info …